Practicing Prenatal Yoga during pregnancy helps both the mother & child stay healthy and happy
Practicing Yoga during pregnancy prepares you for childbirth and is very easy, safe and relaxing. Yoga helps pregnant women in the following ways:-
1. Keeps you physically fit and healthy.
2. Teaches powerful breathing techniques and relaxation methods to do during labor.
3. Helps in acquiring the right poise, posture and grace while carrying a grown belly.
4. Strengthens the birthing muscles.
5. Decreases back pains and you can even prevent leg cramps and stiffness.
During pregnancy, a woman’s body undergoes many changes and yoga can help you adjust to your body’s demands. Depending on how far advanced stage of pregnancy you are in, you can adjust the postures.
I thoroughly enjoyed practicing prenatal yoga during my pregnancy; especially the time when after the end of the practice session you are told to lie on your left side and unite with your child for awhile.
It’s this time when the instructor gives you encouragement to focus your attention on positive thoughts and affirmations concerning the birth of your child. This leads to an overall feel-good feeling about a happy, positive and relaxed birth time.